- Along with the Bylaws section 17 Education, the following guidelines will be enforced to minimize costs and to best serve the needs of the membership.
- All Local 8920 members are eligible to attend CUPE workshops in the Dartmouth/Halifax geographical location.
- Local 8920 members who reside within 250 kms of a geographical location other than Dartmouth/Halifax where a CUPE workshop is being held are eligible to attend.
- The Executive Board in consultation with the Education Coordinator can make the determination of a need and/or repeat for specific workshops for 8920 members.
- The Education Coordinator shall arrange this in as convenient location as possible.
- The registration Form located on the CUPE 8920 website is the only accepted way of registering for attendance and having expenses covered.
- Acceptance will be based on past education and needs of the local The Steward Learning Series counts as 1 of the 5 per year, however to attend you must need at least 2 of the 3 modules offered to attend.
- The Weeklong School counts as two of the 5 per year. Special consideration will be given to immediate educational needs to carry out your role in the local.
- Page 1 of 2