Day of Action Re-Cap!
Dear CUPE member,
Our Day of Action yesterday was a great success! Thank you to everyone was able to come out to one of our rally sites and make your voice heard! Even if you were unable to physically be present at one of the sites, we know many more were proudly wearing red and cheering on your colleagues from the workplace yesterday. Our collective efforts did not go unnoticed: we received a great deal of media attention. Here are a few items:
- The Chronicle Herald: ‘Need a good pay increase’ to stay afloat: Health admin workers rally across N.S.
- Cape Breton Post: Administrative health-care workers in Cape Breton accuse province of disrespect
- CBC 6 o’clock news (6:16 mark): http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2266909763717
- Canadian Press/CityNews: S. hospital administrative staff hold rallies across province for higher wages
- Global Halifax: S. hospital administrative staff hold rallies across province for higher wages
- CTV Atlantic: Health Care administrators picket in NS
- Halifax Examiner: Health care administrative professionals rally across Nova Scotia demanding better pay
We also launched our public-facing e-action yesterday. So far, 330 submissions have been sent to the Premier, MLAs, and the CEOs of NSH and IWK. If you haven’t done so already, please consider sharing the graphic and campaign link (https://bit.ly/3PTpGP9) on your personal social media channels and asking your family and friends to support you in your fight for fairness
Finally, please take a moment to watch this video that was produced by the NSGEU from interviews at the Halifax rally site!
Thank you for showing up to advocate for yourself and your colleagues. Let’s keep up the energy and momentum. Stay tuned for next steps in our campaign.