Our current collective agreements expired October 31, 2014, and Health Care has begun bargaining. Please review your collective agreement and check the news on updates on the bargaining process.
- Health Care Bargaining Unit Collective Agreement
- Clerical Bargaining Unit Collective Agreement
- Service Bargaining Unit Collective Agreement
If you have questions or concerns about the bargaining process, please contact a member of your bargaining committee:
Discover the group savings available to you on quality home and auto insurance and be entered for a chance to win a Jeep Wrangler, $100.00 gas card or one of 2 x $5000.00 travel vouchers by requesting a no obligation quote before June 30, 2017
As members you have access to preferred group home and auto insurance discounts with Higgins Insurance.
Auto Insurance (including motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle and snowmobile)
Property Insurance (including homeowners, condominium and tenants)
Watercraft Insurance (including sail and power)
Travel Trailers, Motorhome and Medical travel insurance.
Our number one goal is to have quality insurance coverage that will protect their financial well-being in the event of a claim while enjoying preferred group savings (
as which results in providing members with more disposable monthly income). All this, while enjoying “Best in Class” personalized service.
For a no obligation quote,
I have been with Higgins Insurance for about 4 years now, wish I had of switched over sooner. Not only are the prices great but the service is incredible. One person in particular, Bob Keays, always seems to find the good in people and has a way of making everyone he meets feel that they are special. Bob makes this world a better place to be just by having such a positive outlook on life. If only all Insurance agents could be this incredible. I certainly lucked out when I joined Higgins. L227 Halifax Water Belinda Dickson
CUPE 8920 Education Form
- Download the February 2017 Union Education Schedule
- Please fill in the online version of the Education Request Form , to be eligible and approved for funding for the education sessions.
Local 8920 Education Guidelines:
Along with the Bylaws section 17 Education, the following guidelines will be enforced in order to minimize costs and to best serve the needs of the membership.
Local 8920 members from Areas 1, 2, and 3 are eligible to attend CUPE workshops in the geographical areas of 1, 2 and 3, along with Halifax, Dartmouth.
Local 8920 members from Areas 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are eligible to attend CUPE workshops in the geographical areas of 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 along with Halifax, Dartmouth.
Education/Union Development Request form must be filled out completely, legibly, and scanned to email to the education coordinator. This is the only way to be registered to attend and have your expenses covered.
Acceptance will be based on past education and needs.
The Steward Learning Series counts as 1 of the 5 per year, however to attend you must need at least 2 of the 3 courses offered to attend.
Special consideration will be given to immediate educational needs to carry out your role in the local. If there is a lot of interest in a course, a request will be made to repeat the course in a convenient location.
CUPE LOCAL 8920
MEMBER DEPENDANT BURSARY
- Availability: Five $500.00 Bursaries per Area for a total of 40 Bursaries for the Local per budget year.
- Eligibility: CUPE Local 8920 MEMBER DEPENDANTS enrolled at an accredited Post-Secondary Institution for 2017- 2018 academic year and have never previously received a Bursary from CUPE Local 8920.
- Process: Application must be completed on this prescribed form and received by your Area Vice President not later than May 15. Must provide proof of enrolment of an accredited Post-Secondary Institution for 2017-2018 academic year.
The Area VP will conduct the awarding of the area bursaries by a draw out of a hat from all eligible applicants at the last site meeting in May.