CUPE 8920 is pleased to offer the Ray MacMillan “Sapper” Memorial Bursary, in the amount of $1,000 annually to one (1) person as selected by the Bursary Committee which consists of three Area VPs and the Recording Secretary as per CUPE 8920 Bylaws.
Ray was born in New Waterford, from an early age he had an interest in anything military. At the age of 17 he joined 45 Field Engineer Squadron. Over 34 years he rose to the rank of Chief Warrant Officer and became Regimental Sergeant Major of 36 C.E.R. Ray truly loved army life and the opportunities to learn and help others, he was a great leader and mentor to countless “sappers “
He served as CUPE 8920 Area 8 VP for Cape Breton and was employed as a Buyer with Nova Scotia Health. Ray also volunteered as a coach for Sydney minor hockey and Whitney Pier soccer.
This special bursary will be offered to a full-time student who will be attending post-secondary education in a health related or military field.
- Have not previously received a Bursary from CUPE 8920 and cannot be combined with another CUPE 8920 bursary.
- Provide proof of acceptance into a post-secondary education in the military or health field.
- Be a dependent child of a currently active CUPE 8920 member OR be an individual CUPE 8920 member, themselves who are in good standing.
- Submit a typed essay in relation to your future aspiration in the Health or Military field of a minimum of 400 words.
The deadline for applicants will be June 30th 2021
PLEASE NOTE: ENSURE ALL DOCUMENTATION IS ATTACHED. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. ALL FIELDS OF THE APPLICATION ARE TO BE COMPLETE.
- Proof of acceptance from post-secondary institution or military
- Typed Essay of minimum 400 words
Please forward the application to email@example.com